Frequently Asked Questions
- I can't find a reading list for my module
- What does it mean by 'key text' or 'recommended
- How do I find copies of items in the library?
- How can I find other editions of books?
- What do I do if it's not in the library?
- I can't link to the electronic resource
- Access from off campus?
- How can I print a reading list?
1. I can't find a reading list for my module
Not all modules have reading lists on this system, please contact
library or Jumei Zhang if a module is not included here.
2. What does it mean by 'key text' or 'recommended
'Key texts' are highly recommended reading and the library will undertake
to stock these.
Texts which you are 'recommended to buy' are essential for your course
and are likely to be of subsequent use in your professional career.
3. How do I find copies of items in the library?
Click on the UNNCLOC button to find the item in the Library Online Catalogue.
Then click on 'availability' to check the availability of copies.
4. How can I find other editions of books?
Click on the UNNCLOC button to find the recommended edition in the library
Then click on the underlined number to the left hand side
of the listing to see the full record. It is then possible to click underlined
links to find related records (eg click on the title to show other editions; click
on the author to find other works by the same author).
5. What do I do if it's not in the library?
The library undertakes to stock all recommended texts but sometimes this
is not possible as items go out of print. Sometimes you are expected to
buy copies of texts.
6. I can't link to the electronic resource
- There could be a problem with the remote server, in which case it
may be best to try back later.
- Some links to the full text of documents may require Adobe Acrobat to display
the PDF (Portable Document Format) file. You need the Acrobat Reader installed
to view these files. If you are using a workstation in a Computer Room then
the Acrobat Reader
should already be installed. Other users may need to install it themselves
(please contact your normal computer support route for installation help and
These may be large files and so may take several minutes to
download depending on your network connection.
7. Access from off campus?
Full text access is automatic for people accessing these pages via the
If you are off campus then you will be prompted for
your NDS (Novell) username and password.
8. How can I print a reading list?
Select the 'Printer friendly version' radio button at the end of the
reading list and click the 'View again' button to redisplay the reading
list in a print friendly format. Use the print options within your browser to
print the page and then use the back button to return.